6. The marvellous unity, and harmony, of the Bible, proves that it is of God. It was not written down by one man, at one time; but it was written over a period of 1500 years, by all sorts of men, from all sorts of backgrounds, in all sorts of places, on all sorts of topics. And yet it forms a unit, with one central theme, and no contradictions. Could such a work be the product of the uninspired minds of men? Impossible! This Book is the revelation of God.
7. The men who wrote the Bible, themselves, being the human instruments God used, are proof that it is divine in origin. Though some, like Moses and Paul, were educated men, others were fishermen (Matt. 4:18), "unlearned and ignorant men" (Acts 4:13). And yet they wrote in a manner and style beyond their natural abilities or education. Obviously, they were "moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Pet. 1:21).
8. The prophecies of the Bible prove its divine origin. These prophecies are not the ambiguous mutterings of the "prophets" of heathenism; they are authentic revelations, given by men as they were moved by the Spirit of God. Hundreds of years before the Lord Jesus Christ was born, the prophets of the Old Testament foretold his birth, events of his life, his death, his resurrection. It is manifestly absurd to assert that this was all coincidental. An impostor could have succeeded in "fulfilling" some of them, but never ALL of them – and there are a great many. Jesus Christ perfectly fulfilled them all.
And there are other prophecies, too: for example, prophecies in Daniel, Revelation, 2 Thess. 2, Matt. 24, and elsewhere, which have been wonderfully fulfilled by events of history over the past 2000 years. No, this is no mere book written by man. Fulfilled prophecy is one of the most powerful witnesses to the divine origin of the Scriptures. Only he who declares "the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done" (Isa. 46:10) could have moved men to foretell such things.
9. The accuracy of the Scriptures as to details of chronology, history, geography, astronomy, etc., is yet further proof that this is the Word of God. Science attests to this accuracy in all sorts of ways. And the extent of this accuracy includes the account of the creation, and that of the worldwide flood! The false theory of evolution has absolutely NO solid evidence to support it, but there is abundant evidence that the universe was created by God. There is also abundant evidence that the world was destroyed by a flood, exactly as the Bible says it was.
10. The attacks upon the Bible through the centuries prove its divine origin. No other book has been so hated and assaulted – no, not since the world begin. It has been criticised, burnt to ashes, locked away, forbidden to the people, scorned – why? If it is merely a book written by uninspired men, like any other book, then why have men hated it so? Why have they sought, with everything in their power, to destroy it from off the face of the earth? What is it about this Book that has so enraged men? It can only be that it is GOD'S Book, and because men hate God, they hate his Word. And this leads to the next point –