“And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you. If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.” (Malachi 2:1,2)
In the Scripture above, the Lord sent a curse upon the Jewish priests, and cursed their blessings. For they were false priests. This can mean He cursed what they had been blessed with; but also, that He cursed the blessings they pronounced on others.
The priests of Rome are false priests as well. The only difference is that the Jewish priesthood was ordained of God for a specific time and purpose, whereas the Romish priesthood never was. And if the Lord cursed the blessings of the Jewish priests, He most certainly curses the blessings of the priests of Rome. Most especially, He curses that which the pope of Rome, the great high priest of the greatest false religion which has ever existed, blesses.
In June 2017 the sovereign Lord, once again, cursed what the Roman Antichrist blessed, when the worst fires in Portugal’s history swept through its central region.
Does the reader see the hand of God in what occurred in Portugal? It should make one’s hair stand on end, and humble one into the dust before God!
For Francis I arrived in Portugal in May 2017, being welcomed by the country’s president and adoringly followed by vast crowds of Roman Catholic faithful. His purpose for being in the country? To “canonise” two of the three shepherd children who, at Fatima in Portugal a hundred years ago in 1917, claimed to have received visits from the Virgin Mary and messages from her. I recently wrote a detailed article examining the so-called Fatima apparitions, entitled The Lying “Lady” of Fatima: Seers and Secrets, Deception and Delusion, and the Politics of Global Power. The reader is urged to carefully read that article. The entire Fatima deception is all to do with increasing the power of the Vatican over the earth.
And in June – just a month after the papal visit – central Portugal experienced a series of deadly wildfires, with the largest loss of life due to such fires in Portugal’s history! Dozens perished in the flames, many dying as they tried to flee in their cars. So great was the catastrophe that Spain, France and Italy sent water-dropping planes, and the EU and UN also pledged assistance. The Portuguese prime minister said, “The fire has reached a level of human tragedy that we have never seen before.” And a local mayor of one of the affected areas said, “It does not seem real, it is out of this world…. It is a real inferno, we have never seen anything like that.”
Note: Fatima is in central Portugal! The fires were in Pedrogao Grande, a municipality in Leiria District. The city of Leiria is the capital of Leiria District, and is also the seat of the Roman Catholic diocese of Leiria-Fatima. It was in fact to the bishop of Leiria that one of the Fatima child “seers”, Lucia dos Santos, entrusted the so-called “third secret” of Fatima in a sealed envelope. She had written it down on the orders of the bishop of Leiria.
Francis I visits Fatima, being welcomed by the Portuguese president; and a month later the Portuguese president is visiting the Leiria region to meet with the families of the victims of the devastating fires. Coincidence? Not in the least. It was Divine judgment. We feel deep compassion for and sympathy with the suffering people of Portugal at such a time of great tragedy. Truly, the hearts of all should break when they consider the extent of the suffering and pain there. But let us not be found speaking as the foolish, the ignorant, and atheistic speak, when they start blaming God or saying such stupid things as, “How could a loving God allow this?” or, “How can there be a God?” When men blaspheme the sovereign Lord of heaven and earth day and night; when they worship idols in direct violation of His holy Word; when they give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils, and uphold the foolish lies of human beings as if they carried equal or greater weight than the Word of the living God; when they exalt a sinful man as the “Vicar of Christ” and believe him to be the representative of God on earth; when they cry out for this wicked man’s “blessing” and hang on his every word of blasphemy and idolatry; then at some point the judgment of God must fall, and often it has fallen very swiftly. He says: “I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images” (Isa. 42:8).
But at the other extreme, none should say, “They deserved it, but we do not!” The Lord Jesus once said, speaking of a tragedy which had occurred some time before: “Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish” (Lk. 13:4,5). And likewise we say to those who may think such a foolish thing: the poor victims of those terrible fires were not greater or worse sinners than all other men. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23). They were not sinners above all other men – for all men must die, because all are sinners, and “the wages of sin is death” (Rom. 6:23); and whether men die tragically in a terrible fire or die peacefully in their beds, if they die outside of Christ they descend into an infinitely worse fire, an eternal fire which shall never be extinguished (Mk. 9:43-48). All mankind deserves the Lord’s wrath! “Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish!” Jesus said. Not all will perish in the same manner, of course; He was addressing those Jews who would perish in the destruction of Jerusalem some four decades later, in much the same manner as those upon whom the tower fell. But unless men repent, they shall all perish! This is certain.
No, it is not coincidence that the Roman pope visited Fatima in May 2017, and devastating fires raged in Portugal – and in that very part of Portugal – just a month later. History is replete with examples of the sovereign Lord cursing what the pope of Rome blesses. I urge the reader to obtain a pamphlet entitled Papal Blessings and Curses, available from Bible Based Ministries, to read a long list of these (yet they are by no means exhaustive). History is laden with examples of the deadly nature of papal blessings. If there had been only two or three, one could say they were coincidental; but there are so many that it is very evidently not coincidental. Time after time after time, disaster and catastrophe has followed in the wake of papal blessings. Here are just a few examples:
* In 1588 the Armada of King Philip II of Spain, a massive fleet, sailed with papal blessings to recapture England for the Papacy. But the papal blessings proved to be a curse to the ships and men of the Armada – the Lord blew upon them and they were scattered, mostly into watery graves.
* In 1895 the archbishop of Damascus, at Vittoria, gave the pope’s blessing to the Spanish troops and fleet, with the result that Spain lost two fleets and two armies.
* In 1897 the papal nuncio blessed the grand “Charity” bazaar in Paris. Within five minutes it was in flames, and nearly 150 of the aristocracy perished, including the sister of the empress of Austria. The 2017 fires in Portugal were certainly not the first time, then, that the Lord sent a judgment of fire upon that which the pope had blessed.
* The pope of Rome blessed Lord Denbigh, the special envoy of the British sovereign. That very day disaster befell the British army in South Africa, Lord Methuen being severely wounded, and the Papists in parliament cheered the news.
* Princess Ena of Battenberg received the pope’s blessing in 1923. Within a fortnight she narrowly escaped death at the hands of a Romish anarchist, some 13 hapless victims succumbing and 80 others being wounded. Her wedding garments were bespattered with human blood. In May 1931 she, with her husband King Alfonso XIII, lost the throne and fled Spain.
* The queen of Portugal – one of the Orleans – was blessed by the pope. Her husband, the king, and her eldest son, were murdered beside her in a carriage, and she and her surviving son escaped, as exiles, to England, throneless. Portugal has been a republic ever since.
* At the height of his power, the German kaiser visited the pope and received his blessing, in 1908. He lost his throne in 1918, and died in exile. Germany became a crushed and humiliated republic.
* After Mussolini had murdered the people of Abyssinia and sacked their country, the pope blessed the Italians as “a great and good people”. Mussolini came to an inglorious end and was hung upside down and his body mutilated.
* In 1961 Queen Elizabeth II visited the pope, complying with his request to be dressed in black. Since then her once proud empire has dwindled to virtually nothing, and Britain itself is a mess. Members of the Royal Family have had continued contact with the pope and have brought great troubles on themselves and their subjects.
* On 2 July 1963 U.S. President John F. Kennedy (a Roman Catholic) had an audience with the pope for his blessing. He committed more troops to Vietnam soon after, completely involving the USA in the war. Just a few months later, on 22 November 1963, President Kennedy was assassinated.
* On 5 October 1965 Pope Paul VI visited New York to address the United Nations. He was met privately by President Johnson, who hailed the visit as a great occasion for the USA. Thereafter Johnson frequently attended mass at Roman Catholic cathedrals. His three years in office were among the most tragic in American history. More than half a million U.S. troops were sent to Vietnam without decisive result. He had to cope with anti-war demonstrations on the campuses and black riots. On 1 April 1968 he virtually resigned by announcing that he would not stand for re-election. He died a year later.
* On 24 April 1966 King Constantine and Queen Marie of Greece had an audience with the pope. A year later, on 21 April 1967, some army officers ousted the king in a coup. On 12 December 1967 the king and his family fled from Greece after a counter “coup” in the king’s favour failed.
* On 5 February 1967 U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy had an audience with the pope at the start of his election campaign. On 6 June 1968 Senator Kennedy was assassinated.
* And a previous papal visit to Fatima was followed by personal trouble for the premier of Portugal: on 12 May 1967 Pope Paul VI visited Fatima and was warmly welcomed by the premier, Salazar. On 8 September 1968 Salazar had a stroke and was partially paralysed. He was replaced in office.
* On 31 July 1969 Pope Paul VI visited Uganda at the invitation of President Milton Obote, who was knighted by the pope at a special ceremony at which he blessed the people of Uganda. Obote was deposed in January 1971 and went into exile as a result of a coup by Idi Amin. For the next eight years the Ugandans suffered under the tyranny of President Amin. On 10 September 1975 Amin had an audience with the pope. Forces from neighbouring Tanzania defeated the armies of Amin on 12 April 1979.
* On 10 October 1970 Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia had an audience with the pope. In 1972-73 his country was hit by severe drought and famine. In August 1974 he was deposed in a coup and the army took over. He died in captivity on 27 August 1975.
* When Pope Paul VI visited Australia in December 1970, he pronounced this blessing: “May God bless the great Australian nation. May he grant it peace and prosperity.” His followers were delighted and expected great benefit to the nation, but this is what actually happened: on 27 April 1973 Prime Minister Whitlam had an audience with the pope, and a few months later opened diplomatic relations with the Vatican, for the first time in Australia's history – and without any mandate from the people. In the period that followed, the country was hit by frequent strikes, business recession, a record rate of inflation and serious unemployment. On 25 December 1974 the city of Darwin was devastated by a monstrous cyclone.
* On 14 November 1972 Argentina’s Peron had an audience with the pope before returning to Argentina as the new president. On 2 July 1974 Peron died of a heart attack, one year after taking office.
* On 4 June 1975 U.S. President Ford had an audience with the pope. On 4 November 1976 Ford was defeated at the elections.
* U.S. President Jimmy Carter not only highly eulogised Pope John Paul II when he visited the USA in October 1979, but invited him to the White House and to address the U.S. Congress. He visited the Vatican on 23 June 1980 – and was soundly defeated just a few months later in the elections of December 1980.
* Pope John Paul II visited the Philippines on 23 February 1980, as usual kissing the soil and blessing the islands. Thereafter the islands were devastated by typhoons, with much loss of life and millions of dollars’ damage.
* On 2 June 1980 Pope John Paul II visited France and was given a state reception by President Valery Giscard D’Estaing, who also had a private audience with him. Hardly a year later in May 1981 he was defeated at the elections.
* On 1 July 1980 the pope began a visit to Brazil. In 1982 Brazil officials admitted a foreign debt of $90 000 million. By 1983 starvation and famine gripped parts of Brazil because of a five-year drought and an economic crisis hit the nation.
* In June 1982 the pope visited Argentina and blessed General Galtieri and senior members of the armed services at an open air mass. Just four days later his forces at Port Stanley surrendered to the British, and Galtieri was deposed. He later received 12 years in jail for his part in the war.
* Britain accepted the “favour” of a papal visit – the first ever. Timed for May 1982, the country was plunged into war with 95% Romanist Argentina only weeks before.
* In May 1984, the pope visited and blessed the Solomon Islands, and visitors from neighbouring Fiji and Vanuatu. In January 1985 Cyclone Eric, followed 3 days later by Nigel, extensively damaged homes and plantations in Fiji and Vanuatu. In March 1986 Cyclone Namu devastated the Solomon Islands, leaving half the nation homeless.
* On 13 August 1985 the pope visited Bamenda in Cameroon and held an outdoor mass nearby. One year later, a huge discharge of poisonous gases suddenly escaping from the volcanic Lake Nyos killed 2000 in villages on the outskirts of Bamenda.
* In 1987, America simply reeled under an avalanche of papal blessing, with the gigantic Wall Street crash occurring only weeks after the pope’s departure.
* In September 1995, the Roman Antichrist set foot on South African soil and “blessed” the country. South Africa spiralled downwards into violence, chaos, and all kinds of immorality, because, to all its other sins committed since the fraudulent 1994 election which brought the Communist-alligned African National Congress of Nelson Mandela to power after a violent revolution, it added the great iniquity of permitting the pope of Rome to visit.
Let it be understood: we are not saying that the Lord permitted the disasters mentioned above to befall those who received the papal “blessing” solely because of that “blessing.” We know that kings and presidents commit many sins, and that God often punishes them temporally (as well as eternally when they die) for their sins by so ordering events that they suffer tragedies and disasters. God is absolutely sovereign, “he removeth kings, and setteth up kings” (Dan. 2:21), making use of these very things to punish wicked rulers. The Bible is full of examples. It is not the case that the only sin the leaders and the countries listed above committed was seeking the blessing of the Roman pope, nor that God only punished them when they committed this particular sin. Nevertheless, this we can say with certainty concerning each case: the papal blessing certainly did not help any of them (as they so often expected it to); and they definitely added to their sins by seeking his favour – the list above defies any attempt to explain all these things as “coincidental”. They courted the favours of the Roman Antichrist, they trusted in him, they turned to him – the greatest enemy of Christ on the earth – and they found him to be a miserable help, an impotent idol, powerless to prevent Divine judgement. He was even one of the principal causes of it. The Lord indeed curses what Antichrist blesses.
Shaun Willcock is a minister, author and researcher. He runs Bible Based Ministries. For other articles (which may be downloaded and printed), as well as details about his books, audio messages, pamphlets, etc., please visit the Bible Based Ministries website; or write to the address below. If you would like to be on Bible Based Ministries’ email list, to receive all future articles, please send your details.
. The Lying “Lady” of Fatima: Seers and Secrets, Deception and Delusion, and the Politics of Global Power, by Shaun Willcock. Bible Based Ministries, 2017. Available free from our website: https://www.biblebasedministries.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/The-Lying-Lady-of-Fatima.pdf
. Papal Blessings and Curses, Bible Based Ministries. Available for free from our website: https://www.biblebasedministries.co.uk/pamphlets/5/
Bible Based Ministries
This article may be copied for free distribution if it is copied in full
WORLDWIDE CONTACT FOR BIBLE BASED MINISTRIES:
Contending for the Faith Ministries
695 Kentons Run Ave
Henderson, NV 89052
United States of America